Happy Birthday Frida Kahlo by k Madison Moore


Dreaming Diego - Frida Kahlo
Happy Birthday 2016
©kMadisonMoore

14” x 18” Frida Kahlo Oil Painting on Canvas

Forever Frida Series

I was hoping to have more Frida paintings in this series by now but
I have so many series to keep up with and commissions. However,
I could not miss her birthday and will do a painting as a homage 
to her hopefully every birthday. 




Sold - Thank you again Cathy

This is one that I have had planned for awhile. It is a take off of one of Frida’s self portraits. I always loved the  Mexican traditional Tehuana costume but I have changed the colors and design a bit to what appeals to me. In her original painting below she painted Diego in the middle of her forehead. I never liked that so I chose to have er Dreaming about Diego and a small visual of how she is seeing him in her mind. This is my impression of Frida’s self portrait.

Frida Kahlo de River July 6, 1907 - 1954 born
Magalena Carmen Frieda Kahlo Calderon, was a Mexican painter / artist
known for her self portraits.

Kahlo's life began and ended in Mexico City, in her home, which is known as "La Casa Azul," the Blue House.  Her work has been celebrated internationally as emblematic of Mexican national and indigenous traditions, and by feminists for its uncompromising depiction of the female experience and form. 

 Mexican culture and tradition are important in her work, which has been sometimes characterized as native art or folk art .Her work has also been described as surrealist 
but Frida her work reflected more of her reality than her dreams.

Kahlo had a volatile marriage with the famous Mexican artist Diego Rivera.  She suffered lifelong health problems, many of which were caused by a traffic accident she survived as a teenager. Recovering from her injuries isolated her from other people, and this isolation influenced her works, many of which are self-portraits. Kahlo suggested, "I paint myself because I am so often alone and because I am the subject I know best.”



Frida painted this painting in August of 1940 when she and Diego Rivera divorced. She didn't finish this painting until the year of 1943. This painting is also know with two other names: "Diego in My Thoughts" and "Thinking of Diego". 

This painting expresses Frida's desire to possess Diego Rivera, who continues betraying her with his affairs with other woman. But she cannot stop thinking about him. She painted a miniature portrait of him on her brow which indicating the obsessive love she has for the famous Mexican artist. In this self-portrait she is wearing Mexican traditional Tehuana costume that Diego Rivera is obsessed for. On her head she was wearing leaves and the root resembles the pattern of spider's web. It might be her thoughts that she had Diego trapped in.


Courtesy of www.FridaKahlo.ori




<a href="https://secure.blueoctane.net/forms/0L7ZRJFXR61F">Click Here To Load This Formexperts.com Form</a>

Comments