Abstract Flower Oil Painting by k Madison Moore



I Dreamt I was a Butterfly
©kMadisonMoore

Abstract Flowers Series
18 x 18 x 2 Abstract Flower Oil Painting on Canvas

This is only the fourth painting in this series but there will be more to come
in various sizes. I enjoy doing these as they are difficult and a huge challenge
and I love that.  They come from way down in my imagination. I didn’t know at
first that this one was going to turn into a beautiful butterfly within the abstract
flowers.  He just suddenly appeared. This reminded me of something Zhuangzi,
the Chinese philosopher said and how perfect for this composition:


“Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly, unaware that I was myself. Soon I awaked, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.”

Zhuangzi- The Butterfly as Companion



"This shows that, although in ordinary appearance there are differences between things, in delusions or in dreams one thing can also be another. The transformation of things proves that the differences among things are not absolute "

The key to this lesson is the realization that if we can see how dreams can seem completely real, then we can also see how reality can be just like a dream.

This is a flower…but this is a Butterfly……..but  this is a flower….

Enjoy!






<a href="https://secure.blueoctane.net/forms/0L7ZRJFXR61F">Click Here To Load This Formexperts.com Form</a>

Comments