Forever Frida Series, Frida Kahlo's Birthday, Portrait of Frida Kahlo by k Madison Moore

"I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too. Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it's true I'm here, and I'm just as strange as you.” 





 Portrait of Frida Kahlo in a Floral Dress
©kMadisonMoore



I have so much respect and admiration for Frida Kahlo and is why I have dedicated a series to her. If you are not familiar with her please click the enclosed links to read about her life. Her life was full of physical pain from a serious accident. I can relate. I also had a serious accident with many injuries including breaking my painting arm in half. I did not paint for 5 years and had to learn so much again. Frida is an inspiration to all women artists. Yesterday was her birthday and I wanted to post this then but was a bit under the weather.

This beautiful floral portrait is my birthday gift for Frida.
Enjoy!

Forever Frida Series

16 x 20 Frida Kahlo Oil Painting on Canvas



SOLD

on it's way to Spain

Frida Kahlo de Rivera born Magdalena Carmen Frieda Kahlo y Calderón; July 6, 1907 – July 13, 1954)  was a  Mexican painter who is best known for her self-portraits.[

Kahlo's life began and ended in Mexico City, in her home known as the Blue House. Her work has been celebrated in Mexico as emblematic of national and indigenous  tradition, and by feminists for its uncompromising depiction of the female experience and form.  Mexican and Amerindian cultural tradition are important in her work, which has been sometimes characterized as naive art or folk art.  Her work has also been described as surrealist, and in 1938 Andre Breton, principal initiator of the surrealist movement, described Kahlo's art as a "ribbon around a bomb".Frida rejected the "surrealist" label; she believed that her work reflected more of her reality than her dreams.

Kahlo had a volatile marriage with the famous Mexican artist Diego Rivera. She suffered lifelong health problems, many caused by a traffic accident she survived as a teenager. Recovering from her injuries isolated her from other people, and this isolation influenced her works, many of which are self-portraits of one sort or another. Kahlo suggested, "I paint myself because I am so often alone and because I am the subject I know best."  She also stated, "I was born a bitch. I was born a painter."




<a href="https://secure.blueoctane.net/forms/79OXL8PE0HJM">Click Here To Load This Formexperts.com Form</a>

Comments